Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

wrote:
On Mon, 03 May 2010 15:23:48 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

On 5/3/2010 1:56 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 05/03/2010 05:30 AM, HeyBub wrote:

BP is probably the culprit here, but it's far to early to assign
blame. For all we know, a Taliban militant could have set the rig
on fire.

Conceivable, but that's no excuse for the blowout preventer to fail.

For all we know he could have dropped a hundred pounds of C4 down the
pipe while he was about it.

Pretty hard to drop anything "down the pipe" with all that oil coming
up under considerable pressure.

And planting explosives at 5000 foot depth? Without a support ship on
the surface for the robotic sub? Yeah, that's likely, too!

Bwhahahahaha!

A hack-saw could have easily cut the communication wires to the BOP. I don't
think BOPs are autonomous devices (like a sprinkler system). How could a BOP
know the rig above it has caught fire or been blown away?

Bwhahahahaha!