Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF Mini Lathe - Ready To Step up Already

On Mon, 03 May 2010 17:15:50 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

Is Jet better than other mid price models? I notice they cost a little more
for tools the same size as some other manufacturers.

Once upon a time Jet was Taiwan manufacture. My Jet items are a big band saw and a
jointer. That is about 10 years ago, decent enough stuff.

Jet vs HF, I'd take a chance on Jet unless a bit of due diligence (googling your arse off)
comes up with something otherwise.

Wes

Ive worked on a fair amount of Jet machinery in the last 5-8 yrs..and
its pretty decent right out of the box. Most of course is Chinese..but
its a higher level than most. Not hugely better, but decent enough.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.