Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Lucky gloat

"Steve B" wrote:

1977, I was on a bicycle in Hiroshima. On a lark we decided to borrow
bicycles and ride
from Iwakuni to Hiroshima. I get a flat with out a repair kit 30+ miles
from home in a
foreign land. Strange thing was there was a guy near by that made a living
fixing
bicycles. Reasonably priced!.

Of course we did this trip to save money on one of the hottest days in
Japan's history.
The money I spent on juice at road side stands to stay hydrated would have
more than paid
for a ride on the train. I couldn't pass a water fountain for days after
that trip.

Wes

I have had many an experience in my life where the actual event worked out
ten times better than anything I could have planned. And with ABSOLUTELY no
drama. Just like riding down a stream in an inner tube. You can
frantically paddle, or just sit back and take pictures.

Steve

Since I lived through it w/o lasting effects, I'd never trade off the experience. A man
has to have a few true stories to tell.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller