Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lucky gloat

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Picked up a rescue dog at the shelter.

Came out to get in the truck, and heard a hiss. Well, my wife did, I'm
practically deef. 1/4" bolt sticking out of 12 o'clock high on the tire,
right in the middle.

Drove two blocks to a yellow and turquoise colored Llantas Reparado shop and
had it fixed in 15 minutes for $10. 6:50 Saturday afternoon. Drove five or
six miles through dense city to get to Interstate, and didn't pass another
open tire store.

If my wife hadn't noticed that, it would have gone out on the Interstate.

Someone is looking over me. Or I'm lucky. Naw, if I was lucky, I'd win the
lottery.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com book coming soon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:35:08 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Picked up a rescue dog at the shelter.

Came out to get in the truck, and heard a hiss. Well, my wife did, I'm
practically deef. 1/4" bolt sticking out of 12 o'clock high on the tire,
right in the middle.

Drove two blocks to a yellow and turquoise colored Llantas Reparado shop and
had it fixed in 15 minutes for $10. 6:50 Saturday afternoon. Drove five or
six miles through dense city to get to Interstate, and didn't pass another
open tire store.

If my wife hadn't noticed that, it would have gone out on the Interstate.

Someone is looking over me. Or I'm lucky. Naw, if I was lucky, I'd win the
lottery.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com book coming soon

What kind of dog?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote:

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Picked up a rescue dog at the shelter.

Came out to get in the truck, and heard a hiss. Well, my wife did, I'm
practically deef. 1/4" bolt sticking out of 12 o'clock high on the tire,
right in the middle.

Drove two blocks to a yellow and turquoise colored Llantas Reparado shop and
had it fixed in 15 minutes for $10. 6:50 Saturday afternoon. Drove five or
six miles through dense city to get to Interstate, and didn't pass another
open tire store.

If my wife hadn't noticed that, it would have gone out on the Interstate.

1977, I was on a bicycle in Hiroshima. On a lark we decided to borrow bicycles and ride
from Iwakuni to Hiroshima. I get a flat with out a repair kit 30+ miles from home in a
foreign land. Strange thing was there was a guy near by that made a living fixing
bicycles. Reasonably priced!.

Of course we did this trip to save money on one of the hottest days in Japan's history.
The money I spent on juice at road side stands to stay hydrated would have more than paid
for a ride on the train. I couldn't pass a water fountain for days after that trip.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Poodle terrier mix. Last one, too, almost a sister. One before that, a
Lab/Rott mix, absolutely the best dog I EVER had. Had her seven years. A
pussycat in a bear costume. Put her away six months ago suffering from
cancer ............................ shrug ................. cry

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote:

[...]

I have had many an experience in my life where the actual event worked out
ten times better than anything I could have planned. And with ABSOLUTELY no
drama. Just like riding down a stream in an inner tube. You can
frantically paddle, or just sit back and take pictures.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:29:23 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Good man.

Ive got one that is about 12, thats getting weak in the hips. The last
female of the old rescue dogs. Im hoping she will recover, as I really
dont want to put a bullet in her skull. Ive got her on some meds, so
its 50/50

Tough to take good care of them, when money is so tight.

Shrug

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote
What kind of dog?

Gunner

A before and after

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote What kind of dog?

Gunner

The best damned dog I ever had. Liberty. RIP.

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/?saved=1

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an
insult.

What kind of dog?

Gunner

Poodle terrier mix. Last one, too, almost a sister. One before that, a
Lab/Rott mix, absolutely the best dog I EVER had. Had her seven years. A
pussycat in a bear costume. Put her away six months ago suffering from
cancer ............................ shrug ................. cry

Steve

Good man.

Ive got one that is about 12, thats getting weak in the hips. The last
female of the old rescue dogs. Im hoping she will recover, as I really
dont want to put a bullet in her skull. Ive got her on some meds, so
its 50/50

Tough to take good care of them, when money is so tight.

Shrug

Gunner

I know. What helped me was Marly and Me. In there, it's a goofy movie, but
the point is, the dog will tell you when it's time. Mine did. It was time.
Until then, we just paid to make her comfortable. Such a dog.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:55:27 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote
What kind of dog?

Gunner

A before and after

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Same dog???????

No way!

Really????

Good looking dog. Is that the new one or the one that passed?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:09:05 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote What kind of dog?

Gunner

The best damned dog I ever had. Liberty. RIP.

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/?saved=1

Ah! Indeed.

Good looking dog, and he was in love with everybody from the looks of
his eyes. Loving the cuddling.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote
What kind of dog?

Gunner

A before and after

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

Same dog???????

No way!

Really????

Good looking dog. Is that the new one or the one that passed?

Gunner

It's the new(est) one. The one that passed was the Rott/Lab mix on the big
pillow with my daughter and grandson. Three now. I feel like leader of the
pack the way they follow me around. Have to watch every step. Act
responsibly. All that stuff ...........

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote:

[...]

Since I lived through it w/o lasting effects, I'd never trade off the experience. A man
has to have a few true stories to tell.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller