Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default ATX power supply fan noisy.

Hi!

I've never had the any luck rejuvenating fans with lubrication after
the fan's bearings have started to howl.

I've never let one go so far as to howl. Nor have I heard one do that!
The fans I've oiled were usually making a grumbling noise and it was
intermittent in most cases.

There's no harm in trying it.

Just about three days ago, I broke a blade off of an Intel CPU
cooler's fan. I puzzled about what to do, as the fan is an unusual
type and I don't have any other Pentium III compatible coolers sitting
around. What I finally did was to super glue the blade back on. The
repair appears to be robust after two days worth of running. What's
more, the balance appears not to have been affected at all by this
little "whoopsy".

William