Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default HF Mini Lathe - Ready To Step up Already

Bob La Londe wrote:
I've got an HF 7 x 10 mini lathe and its actually done ok. Quite
often it exceeds the workability of the materials, but I found it to
be just a tad under powered yesterday when I was roughing an injector
nozzle out of aluminum. It could also stand a more rigid tool post /
cross slide assembly. I don't plan to get rid of it as its very
handy for some small work. In fact I plan to get the 14" bed for it
from The Little Machine Shop, and if I can figure out a way to
improve the rigidity of the tool post and cross slide I will.

However, I am looking for something a little better and a little bit
bigger also. I'm not made of money and I was kinda wondering what a
nice middle range machine would be without going to one of those
names that is priced as much by name recognition as by quality.

Logan , or it's Wards alter-ego Powr-kraft . Well supported , and they
come up on eBay regularly , in all kinds of price ranges .
Mine's a Wards 10X31 , and other than parting/form tools and some boring
bar work it's as smooth as I could ask .
--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"