Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default Shamefully simple electricital question

Steve B wrote:
Today, I found out my garden dog shocker wasn't working after coming home
and finding my new rescue dog full of manure, compost and mud. She got into
the fresh flower bed.

The wire shocker there apparently got wet and fried. I took it apart, let
it dry for hours, put it back together, and touched the terminals with no
shock. Outside of case says: 110v. AC in, .27amp, 60 hertz, 10 watts.
These Fi-Shocks are about $25 new. Where would I get a transformer like
this? When I looked at the transformer, it's marked 311-158 R2 10 2000.

How do I read this to buy another cheapie, and where?

Not enough info. I'd see if you couldn't find a decent equivalent at a
farm store, one that'll last for a while.

Like Spehro said, these are specialty items, not bog-common transformers.

We just kennel our dogs up when we're not around -- they don't seem to
mind, as long as we make sure they know they're not in trouble going in,
and that we love them when we get back and take them out (and it's never
for more than half a day).

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com