Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Having a home shop means...

On Sun, 02 May 2010 22:31:02 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

On 5/2/2010 2:50 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 2, 2:28 pm, wrote:
Was at the hardware store looking for a wheeled plastic
trash can for yard cleanup. There was only one that
matched my size requirement. Pulled it off the shelf
and one of the wheels fell off!

The end of the axle was dinged and apparently
would not allow the 'top hat' nut to stay fixed.
Figured I could fix it, so I bought it.

Drilled and tapped the end of the axle for 1/4-20 and
parted off a piece of tubing to make a spacer. Wheel
back on with a machine screw, washer and spacer.

It works a treat and I am *much* happier than I have
a right to be!

--Winston

I'd be happy if I got it for half price with that hopelessly
unrepairable defect.

You are right, of course. I *should* have asked for a
discount. I was in a good mood though and the thought
just didn't occur at the time.

Turn in your Handyman Club of America card immediately, young man.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist