Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ATX power supply fan noisy.

UCLAN wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Which '3-in-1' oil. That is a brand, not a type.

It's the type in a small metal tin with a plastic nozzle - the very same
tin I've had on a shelf at the back of the garage for about 40 years. I
haven't a clue what the official grade is, other than its the general
purpose domestic stuff, like you'd use for oiling door hinges and
bicycle chains. And latterly, of course, computer

'3-in-1' does make an electric motor oil.

My favorite "3-in-1" product:

http://www.3inone.com/products/white-lithium-grease/

I use lithium grease, but another brand that I can pick up from a car
parts dealer just down the street. I also use PB Blaster and Breakfree.

I like the "3-in-1" spray on lithium grease because I can reach hard to
get to places with the spray tube, yet it dries with the consistency of
regular lithium grease.

The brand I have in the shop does the same thing. I can't get into
that part of my garage at the moment to tell you what it is, and I've
used several brands over the years. I used to use GC 'Lubriplate' in a
metal tube.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.