Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Finally a gloat for me

On 2010-05-02, Gunner Asch wrote:

On 2010-05-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
On 29 Apr 2010 01:13:56 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

But really, it would make it easier for those who don't want to
quote your .sig every time they followup to use the proper delimiter.
It probably would do nothing for those who top post and quote the world,
but for those of us who trim properly it could help.

[ ... ]

Ive used Agent for years, never changing anything internally and you are
the first one to mention that its not working properly.

Actually, no I am not. I have seen it mentioned before (a few
years ago), and I think that I even remember you responding that it was
intentional, so people who have their newsreaders configured to hide
.sigs would still have to see yours.

[ ... ]

Shrug...Cant remember that. Probably the result of my stroke.

No matter. Ill fix it when I find out how.

Most newsreaders do it by default, and you have to take special
steps to keep it from doing so.

But if your version of Agent does not do it for you, just modify
the files from which your .sig quotes are extracted to have each one
start with a line with two hyphens (dashes) and a blank space starting
at the left margin. Nothing else on that line, just the "-- " (without
the quotes).

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564