Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default clamp crossing tubing

Yep, unistrut makes a neat installation. I haven't see the fiberglass type,
that's likely to be expensive stuff.

The light duty conduit clamps (two formed sheetmetal pieces secured with a
screw perpendicular to the conduit) for unistrut are kinda wimpy, and they
will move if pressured.

The spring nut (heavy duty flat nut plate that's placed inside unistrut to
bolt to), is a much more secure method, but then another piece of hardware
(or 2 or 3) is needed to hold the conduit securely in place, if the
application is something different than placing conduit for wiring runs.

--
WB

"whit3rd" wrote in message
On May 1, 1:46 am, "Wild_Bill" wrote:

[about clamping EMT at right angles]

This makes a stitching-on-the-baseball shaped clamp; you can make
the same contour with a plastic tie-wrap, if that's rugged enough.

Most lashups I've participated in have bolted unistrut to the wall
and connected the tubing to THAT instead of to other tubing.

Speaking of lashups, a bit of twine and BoyScout quality lashing can
do this kind of thing, too...