Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oiler - Oil Can

On Sat, 01 May 2010 11:37:39 -0500, Wayne Cook
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:16:23 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

Ok... I have tried a number of different off the shelf plastic spray
bottles. They all seem to fail in fairly short order. Some will work again
if you (yuck!) suck on the nozzle for a second. Its like they lose their
prime and won't self prime again.

I have noticed that the pumps in the commercial products (rather than the
bottles bought as generics) seem to hold up better. I've got an old
Meguiers clean and shine product bottle that has had a dozen refills of misc
gunk through it and it still works ok. Currently its filled with vinegar
and water for removing hard water and river gunk from my boat when I bring
it back from the river.

The thing is I would like to be able to find a source for spray / squirt
bottles with pumps that will hold up. I need to spray various things from
oil to WD to cleaner and none of the pumps seem to last. I bought a gallon
of WD and a bottle with their label on it about a month ago, and already the
pump is experiencing lost prime and won't pump back up without a little
help. If I set it down for half an hour and pick it back up it will have
lost its prime.

Gack.

This is the best sprayer that I've found so far. It holds up better
with most things. I've had vinegar and peroxide solution in one for
more than 2 years before it started giving me trouble. Most sprayers
would last about a month with that in it. McMaster has them as well as
lot of other places.

http://www.deltasprayers.com/product...av=9&PrdNav=16

That actually reads pretty good and they are honest about their
sprayers.

How much are they and where can we buy less than 30 to the case?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost