Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WHERE does weed killer get INTO the plant (leaves? roots? stem?mechanism?)

On Apr 26, 9:55 am, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:48:28 -0600, Robert Neville

Second, if you use Roundup a lot, buying it at the big box stores or
local garden center is a big mistake. The absolute most expensive
choice is buying it pre-mixed. But even the concentrated mixes are
very expensive compared to what you can find online. A few years
back, I bought 2.5 gallons of Razor, which is glyphosate, same main
ingredient as Roundup, about 50% strength, for maybe $90 online.
You'd have spent several times that buying Roundup in any form at the
usual shops. None of the places I looked have even the concentrate at
anywhere near 50%.

I agree. Best I've found retail is at Walmart. 41% solution, 32 ounces, $15. I
suspect a tractor supply, coop or feed store would be better.

Home Depot has 50% Roundup for $97 a gallon.

Razor Pro is only 41% glyphosate.

At the time I was buying it, which was probably 6 years ago, HD didn't
have anything competitive in the local stores. Out of curiousity,
next time I'm in the store here, I'll check and see what they have.
Online they only have the super-concentrate, 50%, in half gallon for
$65. But even that could be a good choice, depending on how much you
use, etc. The real point is to find it highly concentrated and
figure out how much glyphosate you are getting for your dollar.
Unless you only have two weeds to kill, buying the ready mix stuff is
the worst deal ever.