Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default Oiler - Oil Can

On Apr 30, 11:16*am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
Ok... *I have tried a number of different off the shelf plastic spray
bottles. *They all seem to fail in fairly short order. *Some will work again
if you (yuck!) suck on the nozzle for a second. *Its like they lose their
prime and won't self prime again.

I have noticed that the pumps in the commercial products (rather than the
bottles bought as generics) seem to hold up better. *I've got an old
Meguiers clean and shine product bottle that has had a dozen refills of misc
gunk through it and it still works ok. *Currently its filled with vinegar
and water for removing hard water and river gunk from my boat when I bring
it back from the river.

The thing is I would like to be able to find a source for spray / squirt
bottles with pumps that will hold up. *I need to spray various things from
oil to WD to cleaner and none of the pumps seem to last. *I bought a gallon
of WD and a bottle with their label on it about a month ago, and already the
pump is experiencing lost prime and won't pump back up without a little
help. *If I set it down for half an hour and pick it back up it will have
lost its prime.

Gack.

I've got a WD-40 sprayer that cam with a gallon tin of the stuff that
has been working for probably 15 years.
(Holy crap, I've had that thing 15 years?)

Dave