Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default OT hand grip differences

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

Some boors can't resist this form of macho crap, including some in
pinstripes. I had a CEO pull that on me. Bad form to break his hand
since I was his subordinate, so I managed to escape without injury to
either of us. He didn't do that again with me.

He respected my contributions, I respected his leadership, it was a
brainfart on his part I found easy to forgive. Jungle law is
operative on mahogany row and Wall Street.

Like Don, I've had a couple of management types pull that **** on me. Big
mistake, I farm with hand tools for a living.

Karl

I know what you mean about the farmer's grip. I live in a small farm town
and one of the hands at the local watering hole although slim, is extremely
strong and likes to do the hand crush thing. The first time he did it, it
caught me unaware and I flinched, after that what I did is tense up. Not so
much that I was squeezing his hand, but rather that I provided resistance to
being squeezed and that seemed to prevent the pain.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.