Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default leveling Intex pool platform with sand

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 05:23:50 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

I wanted to get one of those Intex 8 foot diameter pools for my
backyard like this one:

http://www.intexcorp.com/easyset.htm

They stress it is important to install on a level surface. I wanted to
install it on a concrete area in my backyard ( on thick padding ) but
the concrete is pitched slightly away from my house.

If it is an inch or two in 8 feet I wouldn't do anything. [Maybe
throw some 1" styrofoam under it to keep down abrasion & make life
easier on your feet.

Sand will likely wash out-- and not in a nice even way.

What kind of 'padding' do you have for it?

A friend put on up last year & it was 4-5 inches low on one end. No
problems & they had some big adults messing around there on occasion.

Jim