Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

Hmm. I've been greasing wheel lugs for about 30 years.
Havn't had a properly snugged lugnut come loose, yet. I do
have some copper based antisieze, though.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

This is an ongoing discussion in trailer boats magazine.
Basically you do
not want to use grease on lug bolts as it can cause them to
back off under
normal torque and nobody has a good figure for over
torqueing them. Instead
the consensus is to use anti seize compound which has very
low lubricity,
but still prevents the bolts from seizing.