Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Selecting Lawn Mower's

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

On 2010-04-28, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

But I bought a used Honda Harmony several years ago & I'll be going
that way from now on. [If I ever need another mower. This one
shows no signs of quitting.]

As a veteran Honda owner, I also can attest to their rock solid
reliability. Buying a used one is a great way to go.

After owning a bunch of cheap mowers, I broke down and bought a Honda two
years ago, when we moved into a new house. It's been well worth the $700. The
cut is much better than the Crapsman I bought in '93, it is a *superior*
mulcher (I've only had to bag once - this year I cut the long dead stuff), and
other than changing the oil and feed it gas, have done nothing to it. It
starts the first pull every time (important since the nanny state requires the
kill switch).

I find that 4 magnets (somewhat exotic ones from the milspec world)
stuck on the handle, are quite effective at holding that deadman switch
in the run position. An 12" cable tie holds that toe guard on the back
in the up position, so I can actually pull the mower backward more than
six inches. The nanny state can bite me- I don't mow barefoot, there are
no kids around, and I have been operating a mower over 40 years without
injuring myself.

--
aem sends...