Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I get rid of a bird?

mike wrote:
Every morning shortly after dawn, a big black bird does a
woodpecker imitation on my metal roof vent. Of course,
he picks the one that vents the bathrooms, so the racket
reverberates all over the house...and wakes the dead...that'd
be me...
He pecks, looks around, repeats a few times then moves on to
the next house.
Suspect he's marking his territory.

I'm in the city, so the obvious solution involving lead projectiles
is not an option.

How do I scare him off? I'm not above killing the little pecker.
A sound-activated stun gun sounds like a fun project.
Suggestions?

Well, you know the black ones have bigger peckers and like to
show what they can do with them.

TDD