Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Selecting Lawn Mower's

"notbob" wrote in message
On 2010-04-28, Frank wrote:

better. Last year when my Lawn Boy went kaput, I traded it in on a Honda.

Popular Mechanics just did a self-powered mower shoot-out. Honda won,
hands down. Unfortunately, it cost almost twice as much as the next
closest
mower, around $700. Yikes.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...garden/4349693

nb

Mine is a Honda, 22 years old, still starts on the first pull, maybe second
after sitting in the barn for 5 months during winter. Never had service
other than oil changes and blade sharpening. I may have cost a lot at the
start but it is saving me money now.

It replaced an old Sears "Eager-start" mower that was anything but eager to
start, it could take 10 - 15 pulls to start, and once hot it would not start
until it cooled down. Both were self propelled. I use a riding mower for the
main part of the lawns, the walk behind is for edging.