Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

You didn't discover axle grease, or never-sieze for the
threads?

Many years ago, a farmer friend of mine had a farm wagon
with rusted on lugs. He ended up take them to a guy with a
cutting torch, who cut the lugs off and threaded for smaller
lugs. The new lugs were so loosely threaded, they kept
loosening. I can't remember if he went with threadlock, or
tack welded them on.

I don't think it was the threads. I seemed to be the chamfer area on the
rim and the tapered portion of the nuts,

Chuck P.