Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finally a gloat for me

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

O.K. For that, make an extra bolt through one of the guide
pipes, and a strap of steel to pivot over the workpiece to keep it from
lifting. Better if you have two about equidistant on either side of the
drill bit. And remember the sacrificial length of 2x4 under the
workpiece -- unless you carefully position the table so the center hole
will pass the drill bit. It would be a shame to drill dings into a
drill press table which has lasted unscarred this many years (based on
its appearance and its similarity to my 1975/76 one). :-)

People always give me strange looks when they see a small pile of
scrap wood under my drill press. They also laugh when they find out
that I clean and wax new tools to protect them.