Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

You didn't discover axle grease, or never-sieze for the
threads?

Many years ago, a farmer friend of mine had a farm wagon
with rusted on lugs. He ended up take them to a guy with a
cutting torch, who cut the lugs off and threaded for smaller
lugs. The new lugs were so loosely threaded, they kept
loosening. I can't remember if he went with threadlock, or
tack welded them on.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pilgrim" wrote in message
news Not too many of you seem to have had an older VW Vanagon.
When I had them I had a 3/4' impact socket 3/4" drive
breakover bar with
a 3' 1" pipe to loosen the lug nuts. They seemed to gall and
I was not
about to get a hernia trying to loosen them.

Chuck P.