Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

On Apr 27, 7:46*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Ignoramus11457" wrote in message

Just trying to see if anyone ever really needed 3/4 drive sockets
(impact and not), for light home use. Nothing bigger than a pickup or a
15 HP compressor or a small CNC mill like Bridgeport Series II type
stuff.

My feeling is that these sockets are only for serious equipment like
excavators and bulldozers. Am I mistaken?

The reason for my question is kind of obvious.

I would say that I need a 3/4" drive socket 1/10th of 1/2 of 1% of the time.
Maybe once every two years. *Most anything else, I can break loose with a
half inch and a cheater pipe, although I don't like that combination.

If a guy deals with that big a nuts on a regular basis, they are making some
serious cash for heavy repairs, and the tools just follow.

Just like welding. *Lots of guys have toys, but a serious welder will go buy
the big machine that will start EVERY TIME, run 24/7 and ring the cash
register without missing a beat.

Steve

Hey! I'm VERY serious about my welder working for that 15 minutes/
month I need it!

Dave