Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default How do I get rid of a bird?

"mike" wrote in message
Every morning shortly after dawn, a big black bird does a
woodpecker imitation on my metal roof vent. Of course,
he picks the one that vents the bathrooms, so the racket
reverberates all over the house...and wakes the dead...that'd
be me...
He pecks, looks around, repeats a few times then moves on to
the next house.
Suspect he's marking his territory.

I'm in the city, so the obvious solution involving lead projectiles
is not an option.

How do I scare him off? I'm not above killing the little pecker.
A sound-activated stun gun sounds like a fun project.
Suggestions?

If you can access his pecking point (no pun intended), you can wrap some
"hardware" cloth around it at enough distance that he can't get his bill all
the way to the metal. Other than that, read other suggestions .........

Steve