Posted to rec.woodworking
Rumple Stiltskin Rumple Stiltskin is offline

Default Router bit for cutting Deep mortise

"Bill" wrote in message

"dadiOH" wrote in message

Yes, everybody needs a table saw. Everybody!

Should they have a cabinet saw like the Grizzly G0690, or should they be
able to make
excellent cuts with less than that? I'm sure I'm not likely to wear one
out--not by a long shot.
Just curious, : )
Bill

IMHO, one should be able to construct something one would not be ashamed to
display in the parlour - using Hand Tools prior to going hell for leather.
Here is an excellent resource which will show you both hand and power
methods:

Woodworking Basics: Mastering the Essentials of Craftsmanship by Peter
Korn - 12 bucks at Amazon - no relation, etc.

See the TOC for chap 8 & 9.