Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

I can't say as I've owned a 3/4 drive anything, in the years
I've been fixing stuff. But, then, I've never repaired heavy
construction equipment.

In about 1998, I got an electric impact wrench. Half drive,
of course. It doesn't fit in small places, like under the
fenders to change leaf springs. But it was excellent for
lugnuts. I was about three hours drive from home one day,
and it cracked, after removing the 2nd lug of a 10 lug brake
job. I'd paid about $75 for it, and replaced it with a $50
one on sale from Harbor Freight. The HF one has done every
bit as good a job, and came with a blow mold case. I keep
two sizes of lug sockets in the blow mold case, 3/4 and
13/16. Or 19 and 21, if you like the metric equivilant.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ignoramus11457" wrote
in message
Just trying to see if anyone ever really needed 3/4 drive
sockets
(impact and not), for light home use. Nothing bigger than a
pickup or a
15 HP compressor or a small CNC mill like Bridgeport Series
II type
stuff.

My feeling is that these sockets are only for serious
equipment like
excavators and bulldozers. Am I mistaken?

The reason for my question is kind of obvious.