Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

Ignoramus11457 wrote:

Just trying to see if anyone ever really needed 3/4 drive sockets
(impact and not), for light home use. Nothing bigger than a pickup or a
15 HP compressor or a small CNC mill like Bridgeport Series II type
stuff.

My feeling is that these sockets are only for serious equipment like
excavators and bulldozers. Am I mistaken?

The reason for my question is kind of obvious.

I have a basic 3/4 drive socket set for home use. I used to use it a lot
on my backhoe, now it is largely used for the lug nuts on my trucks
(350/3500) which are still finished with a 1/2 drive torque wrench. Now
and then I use it for items that are larger than the sockets I have in
1/4-3/8-1/2 drive. In short, it does come in handy now and then, but it
doesn't get used that much.