Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Metal siding and stud spacing on walls

On Apr 27, 8:30*am, stryped wrote:
I am thinking about using metal siding on my walls as well. I have 2x4
studs 24 inch spacing. Since I think metal is 3 feet wide, will I have
to put nailers on top of studs? If it is better I will but I just
priced 1x4 and it is 6 bucks for a 10 foot long board. But again if it
is better I will. Of course the metal will run vertically, so I am not
sure how that will work.

Many big box stores are selling metal roofing, etc., so that might be
a decent source of lower cost purlins than a 1 x 3. Check it out.

Joe