Posted to alt.home.repair
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Metal siding and stud spacing on walls

On Apr 27, 9:21*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
stryped wrote:

-snip-

Sheet rock I have to mudd and tape. OSB is ugly and in my area has
gone up to 12 bucks a sheet. I thought metal might look nice.

Different strokes, I guess. *I'd prefer unmudded sheetrock or 5/8ths
plywood or exposed studs to metal. * But I doubt I'll ever see your
shop.

-snip-

Can you not just pressure wash the walls?

You can in *your* shop.

My thinking is I though the sheets were 3 ffet wide. Wouldnt that put
the ends between studs? Wouldnt that make the ends kind of floppy?

That second 'why' was 'why do you have to run it vertically?'

Jim

I have never seen it run horizontally inside or outside around here.
Maybe I should sheetrock. I want it to look good but I have to be able
to do this myself. I would like to be able to wash a car in there
without worryin gabout getting walls wet.

I guess I could but the bullet and buy 1x4 purlins. I am assuming I
dont need any of the ceiling and can nail them to my trusses 4 or so
feet apart.