Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Metal siding and stud spacing on walls

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
stryped wrote:

I am thinking about using metal siding on my walls as well.

Why? Just wondering. It seems to me there are more downsides to
metal than upsides for interior use.

It is noisy, cold/hot, and difficult to paint once it get grungy. It
isn't as strong as plywood to hold shelves & whatnot, and it doesn't
have a fire rating like sheetrock. And unless you're getting it for
free, I don't think it is less expensive than wood or sheetrock.

-snip-
Of course the metal will run vertically, so I am not
sure how that will work.

Why?

Agree w/ Jim on the (mostly) disadvantages as interior shop wall, just
add that typical metal-hanging would be to have horizontal purlins for
the metal...