Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Finally a gloat for me

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:58:22 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

The best solution to drill bits slipping in a chuck is to replace
the chuck, which is easy on a press with a taper. Most kinds of
collet don't grip tightly enough to prevent spinning, and spinning
will ruin the collets.

If your chuck is in rough shape..Im sure Ive got a few extra Jacobs
chucks on MT2 stubs if you are interested in one. Might make you a
good deal on one G

Aye, thanks Gunner, I appreciate that. The chuck on there now was a bit
rusty, but after a little squirt it's looking a lot better. It's a generic
chuck, but it doesn't show much wear that I can tell, similar to the whole
machine.

My guess is that this thing sat in a barn for most of its lift getting
knocked around, and being used as a table. Otherwise, most of the pieces
seem to show little wear (the table has nothing more than a few very light
surface scratches).

Jon