Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Router bit for cutting Deep mortise

Rumple Stiltskin wrote:

Have you considered building something more simple and less costly
before building the work bench? I ask, as you state the 'router has not
yet arrived'. A garden bench can use the same joints and would be a
perfect practice piece. Just sayin' ...

Thank you for your concern. In answer to your question, I have not a
decent place to sit in my shop, nor does my new grider/grinding wheel
nor my bench planer. I've been saying for a few months I just want to
get out there and cut some joints!

Motivated by J. Clarke's post yesterday, I've been envisioning my
routing jig throughout the day--not too hard since the router just has
to be able to slide back and forth--with no wobble! I'll block each end,
and perhaps on top of adjacent fourbyfours and use lots of clamps. Too
bad I don't have a DP or TS--I do have a circular saw I picked up at an
auction a few months ago for $7. Hope the blade's sharp! : )

I've got a few projects going on at the same time--sometimes it's too
much fun! I crawled around in the attic yesterday, installing my new
lighting is going to be too much fun (NOT)! : )

Bill

BTW, where did this new expression "Just sayin'..." come from? I've
been seeing it in a number of places lately.