Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tweezers?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:09:51 -0700, the infamous "Steve B"
scrawled the following:

"William Wixon" wrote in message
what's the consensus on the best (sliver removing) tweezers?

b.w.

One who's jaws are aligned. I take any tweezers that are not functioning
properly, and get a strip of aluminum oxide. I clamp the strip in the jaws
and pull the strip through. Reverse the side and do it again. Repeat until
the jaws close and match. Takes various numbers depending on how bad the
alignment is in the first place.

Get a bottle of tincture of iodine, and put a dab on the sliver to make the
sliver absorb the iodine and stand out. Makes them infinitely more visible.

I'd rather use merthiolate, you masochist, you.
Oops, it isn't as red.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should
not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work.