Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Lucky gloat

"Wes" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote:

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Picked up a rescue dog at the shelter.

Came out to get in the truck, and heard a hiss. Well, my wife did, I'm
practically deef. 1/4" bolt sticking out of 12 o'clock high on the tire,
right in the middle.

Drove two blocks to a yellow and turquoise colored Llantas Reparado shop
and
had it fixed in 15 minutes for $10. 6:50 Saturday afternoon. Drove five
or
six miles through dense city to get to Interstate, and didn't pass another
open tire store.

If my wife hadn't noticed that, it would have gone out on the Interstate.

1977, I was on a bicycle in Hiroshima. On a lark we decided to borrow
bicycles and ride
from Iwakuni to Hiroshima. I get a flat with out a repair kit 30+ miles
from home in a
foreign land. Strange thing was there was a guy near by that made a living
fixing
bicycles. Reasonably priced!.

Of course we did this trip to save money on one of the hottest days in
Japan's history.
The money I spent on juice at road side stands to stay hydrated would have
more than paid
for a ride on the train. I couldn't pass a water fountain for days after
that trip.

Wes

I have had many an experience in my life where the actual event worked out
ten times better than anything I could have planned. And with ABSOLUTELY no
drama. Just like riding down a stream in an inner tube. You can
frantically paddle, or just sit back and take pictures.

Steve