George

Default Question About Cool Blocks

Superior, IMHO. I'm a turner, and when cutting rough wet timber into big
circles, the cool blocks at the left wore away fairly quickly.

The ceramics are slick, sturdy, and don't care about sap removal with
solvent if you're resawing red pine or tamarack. Just make sure the blade
can't slide behind, or it's spark and curse time.

Greg G. wrote in message
Ron Magen said:

Don't have a Delta; went with the 14" JET Open Stand.
It came with their 'Cool Blocks' {Brownish material; striated like

Micarta}.
Although they worked well - I just HAD to try the machine out as soon as

had it assembled - I replaced them with Ceramic blocks.

I have seen those, how do they work in comparison to the 'cool
blocks'? I got them primarily for re-sawing. I figured the stock
guides were OK for ordinary work. But with a riser and 1/2" blade, I
figured I could use all the help I could get keeping the blade stable
when re-sawing.