Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finally a gloat for me

This is also the first drill press I have owned which uses a morse
taper (MT2) to accept the chuck arbor, so I will be able to mount
drill bits using collets in those cases when the chuck doesn't grip
them tightly enough (what all do I need to start working this angle?)

That's not likely to work for you, unless the press is an unusual one, or
you make some changes to it.

Most of those use tanged tapers. To use collets, you'll need to cobble up
a drawbar setup. It might not be too hard to do, since some presses have
bored spindles.

LLoyd