Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finally a gloat for me

"AIOE" wrote in message

I was able to figure out that this machine is about the same as the
current Harbor Freight unit 38142, and have the manual for that machine.
That led me to figure out the assumed function of the little chrome-plated
handle shown in this picture, but despite loosening the two thumb screws,
the handle doesn't want to turn more than an 1/8". Where should I squirt
some lube to help free up this mechanism?

If it really is like the HF press there should be a set screw on BOTH sides
of the drill press that needs to be loosened. I also use a box end wrench
as a cheater bar on the tightening handle.