Mark & Juanita

Default Question About Cool Blocks

In article , Greg G. says...
Mark & Juanita said:

You skipped the part where you tell us what you used to model them.

Ahhh... But if I told you, I'd have to kill you. g [ADI]

Only took a few minutes, just to visually demonstrate my criticism.
Being as they ARE made of a soft material, the slop shouldn't cause
any harm to the saw or blade, but will cause accelerated and irregular
wear of the blocks. As I said, I'm kinda anal about machinery... g

Greg G.

One question that comes to mind in looking at your simulation, what is
causing the downward forces on the blocks in the frontal view? You are
showing a gap between the blades and the blocks; my understanding is
that the blocks are to be in contact with the back of the blade. If the
blocks are contacting the blade, it would seem that the blocks would be
pulled toward one another and provide mutual support to prevent a gap
from forming.