Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Dewalt miter saw stops

"stryped" wrote in message
On Apr 25, 6:39 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I have a dewalt 705 miter saw. The sae first started to stay on
regarless of pressing the handle now when you press the handle it
comes on sometimes for a split second then does not do anything.
Sometimes it does not come on at all. I took the cover off and could
bend one of the wires to the switch and make it come on sometimes. I
tightned this cleaned the connections etc but nothing worked.

Is this the switch?

How old is it? Probably needs new brushes.

How do I tell what it needs?

If you can start ( or stop) it by bending the wire, replace the bloody
wire! Its pretty obvious that the wire has broken inside the insulation so
replace that section of wire. If that doesn't work, get an ohmmeter from the
local $2.00 shop and trace the wire from the active on the plug to the
neutral on the plug while turning it on and off. If the wires are OK, then
replace the brushes. If that doesn't work, then buy a new one or call an
exorcist.