Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default WHERE does weed killer get INTO the plant (leaves? roots? stem?mechanism?)

Elmo wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:06:15 +0000 (UTC), Elmo wrote:

Mostly, I'm left with huge tangles of poison-oak stems ... so I ask ...
WHERE does weed killer get INTO the plant and how?

This journal article implies only the leaves can uptake the glyphosate ...
both the underside and the upper side ... but HOW do they do that?
http://www.jstor.org/pss/4043711

What is the mechanism of uptake?

osmosis

As I said the last time you posted, you'd get better control to spray
the plants _before_ cutting (while actively growing, of course) and let
it do it's work. It'll take a while, but it will do so.

Once you've cut it off, you're only application point is to individually
"paint" the stumps or wait for regrowth.