Ron Magen

Default Question About Cool Blocks

Greg,
Don't have a Delta; went with the 14" JET Open Stand.

It came with their 'Cool Blocks' {Brownish material; striated like Micarta}.
Although they worked well - I just HAD to try the machine out as soon as I
had it assembled - I replaced them with Ceramic blocks.

If memory serves . . .
1) BOTH types are a 'loose fit'
2) A very simple {KISS Principle}shim material - more of a protection from
the screws gouging the Blocks - is the material of your favorite beverage
can.
3) I changed the difficult to reach & tighten 'Thumb Screws' to Cap Head
Socket Screws . . . and painted the heads Fluorescent Red.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

Greg G. wrote in message
SNIP
Anyway, Thanks Again for everyone's input on this. Being the anally
retentive engineer type, I will probably shim them before using.

SNIP
Greg G.