Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
KG KG is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:24:31 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

Jeff, I wear a beard and use an old straight razor to keep things
weed eaten down, but I too remember and started with the double
edge system. I went to the Schick injector blades - in fact still
have them.

Double edge blades must have been very costly back when. My dad -
90 this year- has collected shaving memorabilia. He has over 27
different machines made for sharpening/honing double edge blades.
28+ if you count a glass.

One further hint when storing the razor store it with the sharp edge up, water or moisture will not
accumulate on the edge and corrode it. That makes a noticeable difference to me.
Thank You

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

"Never argue with the ignorant.
They can't tell when you've won."