Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default Removing cyanoacrylate bloom

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:23:34 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

An idiot subcontractor decided that instead of using the glue we
supplied, it would be quicker to use cyanoacrylate to fix an
internal part on a 1 metre long x 40mm dia custom polycarb LED
fixture tube. All 200 of them...

Ouch...

Just wondering if there were any other magic tricks (apart from
using low-bloom cyano!)

"Can you give me details of your liability insurance please, these
will all need to be replaced using the special glue we provided,
told you about, and you ignored"

That's for another day - we discovered the problem on Friday and there's a truck scheduled to pick
them up on Monday to take them to the other side of Europe, and a whole bunch of other logistics
(flights, visas, build facility bookings) dependent on them arriving on time.....
We also don't yet know if the original supplier has stock of replacement material.