Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Adjust Tru" Chucks

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:33:12 -0700 (PDT), Searcher7
wrote:

I have a mini-lathe, but even for those with the larger machines I was
looking for opinions on whether or not the "Adjust Tru" feature on
something like the Bison is really worth the money.

Is any gain is speed or possible accuracy really worth the cost that
these go for?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

If your lathe is big enough for even a small Adjust Tru...and you need a
3 or 6 jaw chuck that is dead nuts..yes..they are indeed very handy to
have. Ive got {2} 6" ones and a couple 8" ones...and one 10" one..and
they have saved my bacon on more than one occasion .

But most people, for rough turning, really dont need one. They are very
handy for returning Stuff that has been turned before.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost