Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

On Mar 22, 2:14*pm, "
wrote:
Is there some abrasive in my beard?
Is the water corroding the edge?

Could they make razors withcarbide?

I have a couple of those "Infinity razors" that were being sold a
couple of years ago. They are supposed to last for life. I've not
gotten around to using them, but from what I've read they are dull to
begin with. So the duller they are, the more difficult it is to make
them duller. So if you are that one in one hundred that these work for
you're in luck. :-)

But for the past five or six years I've been using the Atra cartridges
because I bought about 30 packs at a store that was discontinuing
them. I still have quite a few more to go. :-)

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.