Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_2_] Tegger[_2_] is offline

Default Wasp powder

ransley wrote in news:161d442f-85e8-4a66-adef-
:

Any crack in floor mouldings and electric outlets or ceiling fixtures
can let them in, and so it can happen when you do the Seven, be sure
its not honey bees

We had honeybees a couple of summers ago. They had a nest inside our siding
that they were getting at through a small hole at an upper corner of a
sliding door that lets onto the deck.

They were cute as the dickens while the weather was hot. I'd stand in the
doorway, watching them come and go, inches from my face. I didn't bother
them, and they didn't bother me.

But then the fall came. All of a sudden they discovered that the house
interior was warmer than the great outdoors. Then they discovered that they
could fly up through siding, into the attic, and enter my (then) 10-year-
old daughter's room through tiny gaps in the ceiling-light-fixture
mounting.

At that point I made a call to a pest-control company. I don't know what
they did, but the bees went bye-bye. And what a relief that was, too.

--
Tegger