Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

HeyBub wrote the following:
willshak wrote:

A lot of people have slide out garbage cans in the cabinet right under
the sink. Me, I have a trash compactor in the cabinet on the right
side of the sink cabinet. Scrape the dishes in the compactor and then
put the dishes in the dishwasher, or wash them by hand.
I used to get the compactor bags that were pretty expensive, but for
the last year or so, I have been using the Glad Force Flex tall
kitchen bags in it. Never had a puncture yet, but I don't throw glass
in it since we have a recycle pickup where I live.

I heard a trash compactor described as a device that can "with the help of
modern inventiveness, turn twenty-five pounds of garbage into twenty-five
pounds of garbage."

Ain't technology grand?

In a smaller bag.
My weekly garbage is compacted into a bag that is about 10 lbs in
weight, yet can fit in a 5 lb joint compound pail.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY