Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lora lora is offline

Default safe to use microwave after spark

It was inside the oven. Saw a spark when the microwave turned on.

Earlier, we had seen a spark when cooking a frozen package of
steamfresh veggies and this had caused the board that is attached on
the interior top of the microwave to be partially torn. Not sure what
the purpose of the board in the interior top part of the microwave is
for.

Anyways, thanks and let me know what you think. BTW, we used it today
and it works. My mother can smell some burning odor, but no one else
can. The parts at the bottom look intact.

Thx

On Apr 24, 12:04*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Apr 23, 9:05*pm, lora wrote:

Hello,

A family member mistakenly hit the Cook button instead of the Timer
and a small spark was seen. He immediately shut off the power and
everything looks good.

Is it safe to use if all parts are still intact?

Thanks for you advise.

It would help if you told us where the spark was seen, inside the
oven,, inside the control area, etc??!!!!!