Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default FS - small CNC controls, blade welder, other stuff...

Thanks for the lead. I'll check into that.
Al

wrote:
Someone on PM (I think) was looking for one of these.
Posted in the Classifieds section

GROB BANDSAW BLADE WELDER:
This is from an big old Grob saw, model BW-1, 1940's or 50's
vintage. When I got it the contactor inside was broken and the
grinder motor was missing. I replaced the contactor with a
modern unit. The welder is functional though I only tried it
maybe half a dozen times and did not quite get the technique
down. I just don't need this as I don't use many bandsaw blades,
and either buy them premade or silver solder them.

Welds 1/6" - 1/2" blades and runs on 230V single phase power. This
is quite heavy 50+ pounds. No photos handy, but I can get some to
you if you are interested. Asking $110 + shipping